On behalf of the Elections Committee I would like to announce to the membership our elections process for 2015.
We are looking forward to great election. As members your vote shapes the direction and spirit of this community. And more so than any other time we have a lot of eager people who are willing to step up to help, either as a member of the board or by helping with committees. We can’t wait to see what happens in October when the results of the election is complete.
There are a few steps in the process, and everyone should be aware of them to get ready for the upcoming elections. The following is the schedule:
- 8/14 – Election Process Announced to Membership
- 8/17 – Nominations process opens
- 8/31 – Nominations closed
- 9/4 – Slate of nominees confirmed
- 9/9 – Nominees bios and photos are due to the committee
- 9/11 – Nominees announced to Membership
- 9/14 – Eligibility for voting closes, must be a member in good standing by this date
- 9/18 – Elections Begin
- 10/10 – Annual Meeting and elections close, results announced
During this election we will be voting on the following:
- Open Board Position 1 (currently held by Pup Amp)
- Open Board Position 2 (currently held by Pup Debit)
- Open Board Position 3 (currently held by Sparky T)
- Open Board Position 4 (currently held by Pup Skuff)
- Referendum Question 1 – Change in membership status *
* Stay tuned for the exact text of this amendment to our by-laws. We will provide a full explanation in a future post
The ability to nominate for the positions that are held open will be sent to all members via email, with a link to the elections site. Please be sure to inform us of any email address changes so that we get that mail to you on the 17th correctly.
All these dates are in our website calendar, located at seapah.com/calendar. And keep watch here on the blog for more announcements regarding the elections.
As always please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
SEA-PAH Elections Committee